What the Regulations say...
Acoustics Testing (often referred to as Sound Testing) will likely be required within your Planning Conditions. As a rule of thumb, school buildings will need to adhere to the Building Bulletin 93 “Acoustic Design of Schools” and then all other commercial buildings that are on a sensitive site will require an Acoustic Test Certificate for noise and vibration.
Getting that all important "Pass"
- The right design measures can enhance concentration and communication in Schools, efficiency and collaboration in Offices, or relaxation in Private Spaces.
- Acoustics is the resistance to the passage of Sound – make sure any penetration of walls and ceilings get special attention.
Simple 5 - Step Process
1. Review your Plans and Planning Conditions, and talk to your Planning Officer (If you'd like us to).
2. Suggest the easiest, no-nonsense approach.
3. Protect your BREEAM credits, or other areas we identify
4. Complete the surveys in a timely and considerable way.
5. Send you the Survey Reports and Certificates within 7 days.