What the Regulations say...
Air Leakage Testing, also referred to as Air Tightness Testing, is included in Part F (Ventilation) of the Building Regulations & Part L (Energy).
Part L requires New Non-Domestic Buildings to achieve a Test Result of 10m3/hm2 or lower to achieve a "Pass" Certificate.
Part F may require your Test Result to be even lower, dependent on the type of ventilation system installed.
Getting that all important "Pass"
- Work with your Site Team to ensure each trade has some responsibility for the Air Tight Barrier line.
- The Building Services you incorporate within your design will be determined by the end use of the building. To reduce the risk posed by these penetration points be sure to have a plan audit review.
- Ensure your SBEM assessor doesn’t set an unrealistic Air Leakage rate is vital.
- Cladding – Don’t jeopardise your result with poorly constructed perimeter joints.
Simple 5 - Step Process
1. Check your plans.
2. Liaise with your Building Control Officer (if you would like us to).
3. Book your Test Date.
4. Arrive at your site on time and complete the test(s).
5. Email your Certificates with 24 hours.