What the Regulations say...
EcoHomes is similar to Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH) in that it's a credit based assessment. However, unlike CSH it isn't as "time sensitive" and doesn't require a Post Construction Assessment.
EcoHomes for Refurbishment Registrations ended on 1 July 2012 and for transitional purposes, officially expired on 1 July 2014. This applied to the whole of the UK, including Scotland.
If you have an older scheme where EcoHomes is applicable, your Local Planning Authority will still expect you to achieve the desired level already agreed.
Getting that all important "Yes"
- There are 3 stages Pre-Assessment, Design Stage and finally Post Construction stage. It's vital to get the SAP calculation right.
- It’s true EcoHomes requires high insulation levels, a high efficiency boiler, also bike sheds, washing lines and security lighting.
- Your SAP Calculation can increase your score as the credits are heavily weighted. Ensure maximum credits are earnt.
- Complete a draft Pre-Assessment strategy that will achieve EcoHomes Certification.
Simple 5 - Step Process:
1. Draft a Pre-Assessment EcoHomes Strategy.
2. Check evidence & provide timely advice.
3. Complete your SAP Calculations and Air Testing.
4. Complete the 3 stages.
5. Complete your Reports and Certificates within your deadlines.