What the Regulations say...
Since 2008, when Boris Johnson rejuvenated 'The London Plan' policy, his intention was to create a more sustainable City for the future. The London Plan is relevant to the 33 London Boroughs. An Energy Strategy is needed on new Planning Applications since 2015.
The requirements of the London Planning Authorities varies greatly - some require a 35% Co2 reduction (when compared to Part L Building Regulations), whilst others ask for up to 50% reduction.
A 3-step hierarchy is outlined within the London Plan, 1) "Be Lean" (Insulation, glazing, heating, ventilation), 2) "Be Clean" (Heating networks), 3) "Be Green" (Low carbon and renewable technologies).
Getting that all important "Yes"
Your Energy Strategy will include:
- How we ensure each tier of the Energy Hierarchy will be achieved.
- How we can help you reduce internal water consumption to 105 litres per person per day.
- Thermal Modelling will be used to ensure you are not at risk of summer overheating. We will assess this at planning stage.
- If you require BREEAM or BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment we will ensure this is within the strategy.
- We will help with to liaise with the Local Planning Authority to ensure agreements on any deviations.
Simple 5 - Step Process
1. Assess your Planning Conditions and the Local Planning Authority's Targets.
2. Liaise directly with your LPA and Design Team, eg your BREEAM Assessor.
3. Calculate the size and spec of Renewable Technologies.
4. Make recommendations in line with your plans and budget.
5. Send you the report and supporting documentation within your deadlines.