What the Regulations say...
Noise and Vibration Surveys are not attached to any Building Regulations, however, each Local Authority has it within their Local Plan and the standards they require for each construction and Open Site.
During construction or demolition activities in a sensitive area, environmental monitoring can advise if you are nearing nuisance levels and / or whether complaints are valid.
Noise and Vibration Surveys are also required as part of the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
Simple 5 - Step Process
- Liaise with the Local Authority to agree the measurement methodology.
- Agree with you and your site team the positions and duration of the survey to determine noise and vibration measurement.
- Be on site to fit with your timescales and carry out the noise measurements – this may involve equipment being on site for a few days.
- Retrieve the data and complete a full assessment and analyse of the results.
- We will present the survey methodology and results in a detailed report.