What the Regulations say...
A SAP Calculation (short for Standard Assessment Procedure) is a Building Regulation for New-Build Residential Buildings.
Part L of the Building Regulations apply in England, Scotland & Wales.
Getting that all important "Yes"
- A SAP report must be submitted to the Building Control Officer (BCO) before you start on site and at the end of your build, to outline your approach to:
- Insulation and U-Values
- Heating, hot water, ventilation and lighting
- Thermal Bridging
- Air Leakage
If you are regularly building to the same building specification, we recommend you have psi-values for each of the main thermal bridging junctions calculated.
Simple 5 - Step Process
1. Review your plans & specification.
2. Liaise directly with your BCO (if you want us too).
3. Make recommendations.
4. Complete all 4 parts of your SAP Assessment.
5. Email your SAP Reports within your deadlines.