What the Regulations say...
A SAP Calculation (short for Standard Assessment Procedure) is a Building Regulation for Existing Residential Buildings which are either being refurbished or extended.
Part L 1B of the Building Regulations apply in England, Scotland & Wales.
Getting that all important "Yes"
- Energy efficiency targets don't just apply to new dwellings; there are regulations in place which cover home extensions, dwelling renovations and change of use developments.
- You will need to make sure all newly-built parts meet current regulations. Plus, depending on the size of your project and where you are in the UK, you may need to upgrade the existing building fabric and switch to more energy efficient heating, hot water and lighting systems.
- Ignoring these requirements at the design stage could leave you with a big list of retrospective improvements at the end of the build. Make sure you have a SAP Extension Assessment completed earlier to avoid this.
Simple 5 - Step Process
1. Review your plans & specification.
2. Liaise directly with your BCO (If you want us too).
3. Make recommendations.
4. Complete all 4 parts of your SAP Assessment.
5. Email your SAP Reports within your deadlines.