What the Regulations say...
A SBEM Calculation (short for Simplified Building Energy Model) is a Building Regulation for new-build non-residential buildings. Part L of the Building Regulations apply in England, Scotland and Wales.
An SBEM is only required on a building of 50m2 or more.
Getting that all important "Yes"
The SBEM addresses 4 critical areas:
- Building fabric/U-Values.
- Building services.
Level 5 SBEM for projects with Atriums, a complex Ventilation System or Automatic Blind Control Systems.
Dynamic Simulation Modelling for achieving BREEAM or an overheating risk.
Simple 5-Step process
1. Review your Plans & Specification.
2. Liaise directly with your BCO (Building Control Officer) & Design Team (if you would like us to)
3. Make recommendations.
4. Complete all 3 parts of your SBEM Calculations, plus your Acoustic & Air Testing.
5. Email your SBEM Reports within your deadlines.