Air Leakage Engineer
Energist UK are consultants for Britain’s architects, developers, builders and contractors providing cost-effective solutions and reducing the complexities of meeting building regulation compliance for both residential and commercial developments. Energist UK is tucked away in rustic converted barn buildings just outside of quaint Cirencester.
We are looking for an Air Leakage Engineer who will work within our team providing a 5 Star Service to residential & commercial builders so that they meet Part L Compliance. Carrying out Air Leakage tests on a variety of new build properties, giving advice on remedial action in the case of test failure and conducting pre-test site inspections in accordance with the Energist Brand.
Your role will involve:
- Attending arranged site to carry out the testing in a safe and efficient manner
- Observing Health & Safety regulations on site ensuring you wear the correct PPE on site and adhere to the rules of any particular site
- Informing clients of ways to improve their build to meet test standards – give practical advice and talk through ways to make improvements
- Carrying out ALTs in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintaining equipment and tools in good order reporting any faults or breakages
- Using a laptop and software to submit report data and produce reports.
- Completing accurate test results and reports as well as being able to delivery good and bad news when needed
- Liaising with ALT Scheduler at Head Office as well as clients directly to agree schedules and appointments by telephone and email
- UK wide travel with occasional overnight stays
- Flexibility to cover other regions when colleagues are on holiday or to cover sickness
- Checking testing equipment is within calibration dates
- Regular meetings at Head office in Cirencester
- Qualified in Air Tightness
- Experience in Air Leakage Testing
- Knowledge of Part L and Part E Compliance
- Ideally located with easy access to the M25
This role involves a significant amount of driving, travel, and early morning starts. It involves lifting fans, climbing stairs or ladders as part of the job.
- Pension Contribution (4% Employer and 5% Employee)
- 22 Days Holiday
- Company Van, Laptop, Phone and testing equipment
- Professional Training and development
- Health care scheme
- Team, Individual and Company incentives
- Free onsite parking
- Plenty of Chocolate!!!
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV to Tina Goodhart.