Assistant Finance and Office Manager
Ensuring the smooth-running of the finance department and office on a day-to-day basis and supporting all departments as needed.
Energist is a highly successful and rapidly growing company, based in an idyllic barn conversion on the outskirts of Cirencester, surrounded by beautiful Cotswolds countryside. Since 2006, we’ve specialised in helping architects, developers and construction companies create buildings that meet energy and sustainability regulations.
Our vibrant and energetic culture is something we’re incredibly proud of, and creating a welcoming and enjoyable working environment is crucial to the success of our people.
This role will work alongside the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth-running of the finance department for Energist and GetOnSite on a day-to-day basis. Working with Sales, Finance, HR and Marketing to ensure the smooth-running of the office and to make sure that all departments are supported as needed
- Preparation of gross payroll and pensions figures
- Production of departmental budget v actual reports
- Assisting in month end, quarter end and year end processes
- Entering monthly journals as required and reconciliation of balance sheet items
- Monthly prepayments and accruals documentation
- Creation of cash flow forecasts, assisting with budgets and forecasts
- Overall responsibility for completing all purchase ledger bookkeeping in an accurate, timely and consistent manner in line with current procedures
- Pro-active review of purchases and supplier contracts with a view to reducing business costs Purchase order generation
- Processing and spot checking of all expense claims and credit card transactions within the business
- Updating Xero supplier details and confirmation of new supplier bank details
- Negotiating and managing office insurance, supplier, facilities management for the building and IT contracts
- Organising and auditing the company's systems, SOP’s, databases, compliance and procedures
- Managing Health and Safety, Fire Regulations, PAT Testing and First Aid training within the office
- Providing support for tenders, contracts and other work as and when required by the sales team or marketing team.
- Car leasing, servicing tracking, maintenance issues
- Assisting in preparing weekly and monthly reports when needed.
- Creation of payment runs to maintain supplier relationships whilst optimizing cash flow, bank reconciliation and petty cash
- Handling any legal issues regarding supplier accounts
- Responsibility for the management of the Accounts@ inbox
- Support on Sales Ledger and Reporting functions as required
The best fit
- AAT Qualified or QBE
- Attention to detail and a head for figures
- Payroll experience
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Xero or mindset for cloud-based accounting
- Have an excellent knowledge of CRM and customer relationship experience
- Management experience desirable
- 22 days leave a year + bank holidays
- Pension scheme (4% contributed by employer and employee)
- Professional training and development
- Healthcare scheme
- Team, individual and company incentives
- Free onsite parking
- Plenty of chocolate
If you feel this could be the role for you then please forward your CV to Tina Goodhart.
Please follow the link below to apply for this role: