Finance and Commercial Manager
Energist is based in Gloucestershire, UK. Since 2006, we’ve specialised in helping architects, builders and construction companies create buildings that meet sustainability standards and building regulations.
Our ethos is all about ‘making your world better’ and this applies to our all-important Clients, employees, and the wider world. Our culture is vibrant and energetic, honest and open, fun and friendly, professional and driven, and to top it all we’re pretty obsessed with chocolate!
We influence client projects, so they meet legislation in ways that make them more successful. Every client who lets us know about their experience with Energist, really is happy to recommend us as we have their backs to ensure they secure the results needed.
Due to our continued success and future ambitions, we are now recruiting for a Finance and Commercial Manager. The purpose of this role is to help drive the on-going growth of our business, take overall control of the company’s accounting function and line management of the Finance team and using accounting and commercial acumen to interact with the rest of the business and help to drive its growth. This role will need experience in a wide range of skills as well as the personality of someone who wants to look to the future, analyse and use the numbers and not focus on just the past numbers!
- You will be a pro-active member of the management team, providing good advice based on accurate data and provide business data and analysis to the monthly Senior Management Team meetings as required. Advising on strategic planning and future development.
- Working with the management team to establish a quarterly rolling budget and forecast process as part of an overall longer-term business plan. Interact with managers to establish key KPI’s for their departments, develop relationships with managers and regularly review progress against budgets and KPIs with them to assist them to achieve effective management of their departments and drive the longer term goals of the business.
- Oversee the production of the Monthly Initial Summary reports and commentary within 2 days of the month end.
- Oversee the production of the Monthly Management Accounts pack and commentary within 10 working days of the end of the month.
- Working on developing accurate product and project profitability reporting through the Microsoft Dynamics CRM costing system to support pricing and product decisions.
- Supporting sales to analyse customer terms and conditions, tender requests and pricing to ensure that the business is competitive and will win profitable work
- Supporting the delivery team by reviewing contractor margins and volumes and ensure that appropriate contracts and terms are put in place and are regularly monitored
- Review terms and contracts with other business suppliers and re-negotiate as required to ensure that the business has the services it needs at competitive pricing
- Gain familiarity with the existing Energist and GOS Xero structures to understand the work that the Finance Team do currently so you are able to process key transactions in their absence, ensure that the Finance team are developing and are cross-trained
- Oversee the production of Statutory accounts
- Ensure an environment of strong compliance with all statutory accounts, corporation tax, PAYE, VAT, expense and benefits and other returns filed accurately and on time. Manage tax computations, R&D Claims, P11ds and PSA
- Advise on Dividend and DLA payments
- Monitor credit control and debtor chasing processes to achieve a strong cash flow and a minimum of bad debts. Review existing processes to maintain a strong internal control environment
- Maintain control of the Payrolls for both companies (Energist and GetonSite)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension after 3 months
- Healthcare after 12 months
- Eye test vouchers
- Flexible working
Our head office is in Cirencester which is open for meetings and team building exercises (currently limited due to COVID), this role will be home based and as the COVID restrictions are lifted will involve client meetings on site when required as well as team meetings in the Head Office or an agreed location.
For further details on this role please contact Tina Goodhart, HR Manager at Energist UK Ltd on email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE