Energist is based on the outskirts of Cirencester in a barn conversion surrounded by the Cotswold countryside. Since 2006, we have specialised in helping architects, builders and construction companies create buildings that meet building regulations. Our culture is vibrant and energetic, honest and open, fun and friendly, professional and driven, and to top it all we’re pretty obsessed with chocolate!
We need a motivated and enthusiastic Finance Manager who can help us work on the on-going development of the finance department to help drive the on-going growth of our business and take overall control of the accounting function for two legal entities and line management of the Finance team of two. The businesses use Xero for invoicing, purchase orders and nominal ledger, has a separate CRM system and uses an on line banking system.
You will need to develop a close working rapport with the MD and will work with and be supported by the consultant FD. You will be driven, have a desire to both use your initiative and seek continuous improvement to progress the business and your role within it.
Your role will involve:
- Producing timely and accurate monthly management reporting for the two legal entities to help manage and drive the businesses and provide supporting commentary, analysis and insights to the broader management team
- Ensuring effective and efficient collections and credit control
- Cash flow forecasting and pro-active cash management on the company’s on-line banking systems to optimise the company’s cash flow
- Ensuring good financial practices and systems are in place and followed throughout the company and advise the business on all Finance issues that arise
- Business forecasting, budgeting and planning
- Ensuring accurate and timely payrolls, including PAYE/NI and pension requirements are met and all returns are submitted on time, and the maintenance of related control accounts. Currently payrolls are run via external accountants but the aim is to bring this in house in Xero
- Preparation of VAT returns and all VAT related accountancy.
- Develop product costing, analysis and profitability and liaise with commercial teams as required
- Liaison with the company’s external accountants to promptly finalise the company’s annual statutory accounts and corporation tax returns
- Working closely with all managers and team members at all levels to drive the resolution of business issues and formulate strategies for long term growth.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Working on client contracts / legal documents to ensure the business is working effectively.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body such as AAT or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Previous Xero user experience and ability to promptly produce management reports to a high standard
- Strong Excel and other IT skills
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Energetic, highly motivated and a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Analytical, flexible and pragmatic problem solver
- Pension Contribution (4% Employer and 5% Employee)
- 22 days leave a year + Bank Holidays
- Professional Training and development
- Health care scheme
- Team, Individual and Company incentives
- Free onsite parking
- Plenty of Chocolate!!!
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV to Tina Goodhart.