Life Cycle Consultant
Our head office is in Cirencester and we operate to hybrid working.
Energist is based in Gloucestershire, UK. Since 2006, we’ve specialised in helping architects, builders and construction companies create buildings that meet sustainability standards and building regulations.
Our ethos is all about ‘making your world better’ and this applies to our all-important Clients, employees, and the wider world. Our culture is vibrant and energetic, honest and open, fun and friendly, professional and driven, and to top it all we’re pretty obsessed with chocolate!
We influence client projects, so they meet legislation in ways that make them more successful. Every client who lets us know about their experience with Energist, really is happy to recommend us as we have their backs to ensure they secure the results needed.
Energist UK are seeking a Whole Life Cycle Carbon Consultant with at least 2 years’ experience in the construction industry working on carbon assessments. The successful candidate will be proficient in undertaking Life Cycle Assessments for BREEAM at both Concept and Technical Design Stages and also experienced in completing Whole Life Cycle Carbon Assessments for planning in line with GLA, RICS and LETI standards.
You will be joining a growing team with opportunities for development, whilst working on large mixed use schemes for some of the UK’s largest developers and construction companies. Additional BREEAM and BREEAM AP experience is desirable but not essential to the role.
• Provide Life Cycle Assessments to achieve BREEAM Mat01 credits
• Provide Whole Life Cycle Carbon Assessments for both major London schemes and large schemes outside of London from planning through to completion. This will include pre-application and pre-planning advice on reducing life cycle carbon emissions and post construction assessment of as built life cycle carbon
• Provide bespoke embodied carbon advice to clients on system or individual projects using Environmental Product Declarations, carbon databases and past experience
• Co-ordinate Sustainability Services with our clients and determine the most effective routes to compliance. Produce monthly client update reports and billing schedules. Understand key service deliverables and relay progress to clients
• Manage own workloads and invoicing and report back to the Team Manager
• Work closely with Account managers to progress orders and scopes of work in conjunction with client expectations. Provide initial risks and opportunities for our services
• Proactively engage with clients to ensure all project and planning conditions are met
• Provide additional support across the Energist delivery team where capacity requires this for example SAP, SBEM, Sustainability and Energy Strategies
• Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate all aspects of project work, from tender preparation through to final delivery
• 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days by 1 day per year
• 4% employer and 4% employee pension after 3 months
• Excellent healthcare after 12 months
• Eye test and glasses scheme
• Flexible working
• Cycle 2 Work scheme
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption policy
• Yearly team recognition awards
• Commitment to Energist benefits
• Quarterly whole company meetings and social
The Ideal candidate will be One Click LCA proficient, with 2+ years working within the construction industry and with a strong knowledge of sustainable design. You will have experience of delivering Life Cycle Assessments for BREEAM and WLC assessments for planning as well as managing and delivering large projects and large volumes of projects.
For further details on this role please contact Tina Goodhart, HR Manager at Energist UK Ltd on firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE