Senior Energy Consultant
We are seeking an experienced Energy Consultant with extensive knowledge of the London Plan’s energy and sustainability policies. You will have at least five years’ experience in sustainable planning, producing energy strategies on behalf of developers to support planning submissions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding the principles of sustainable development, specifically around building fabric performance, district heat networks and overheating analysis. A strong relationship with the London Boroughs and the GLA is preferable, as is a building services background or qualification.
- Attending pre-application meetings with the LPA and GLA and provide briefing notes and agree initial strategies
- Compile Energy and Sustainability strategies across a range of developments in line with the requirements of Local Planning Authorities, specifically within London and often to tight deadlines
- Liaising with members of the design team to advise on practical and viable energy solutions to ensure policy requirements are met, specifically in regard to January 2019 Energy Planning Guidance from the GLA
- Advise on building fabric, services and renewable energy specifications
- Advise on the viability of the provision or connection to district heat networks
- Coordinate technical solutions across multiple services to present one viable solution
- Liaise with planning officers and the GLA to seek approval for your strategies and field queries
- Present your strategies to our clients, often at Board level
- Attend tender interviews to assist in securing appointments on new schemes
- Ability to assess and interpret technical datasheets and architectural drawings
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate all aspects of project work, from tender preparation through to final delivery
- Designing solutions to the complex problems our clients face and present these solutions in an accessible manner
- 22 days leave a year + bank holidays
- Pension scheme (3% contributed by employer and employee)
- Professional training and development
- Healthcare scheme
- Team, individual and company incentives
- Free onsite parking
- Plenty of chocolate
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV to Tina Goodhart.