Energist UK are consultants for Britain’s architects, developers, builders and contractors providing cost-effective solutions and reducing the complexities of meeting building regulation compliance for both residential and commercial developments. As the Testing Manager you will be working closely with sales, scheduling and field engineers (in house and sub contracted) to secure and deliver UK wide testing efficiently, and profitably, as a market leader and in line with the Energist Brand.
Energist UK is tucked away in rustic converted barn buildings just outside of quaint Cirencester. Being a small team we’re people people, we know the importance of team-work and team-play (ref our infamous annual company parties) and we’re big into our food. Don’t be mistaken though, we work hard, we’re ambitious people and are proud of what we deliver to our clients.
- Leading and managing a service delivery team – you will lead a team of direct reports (field- based, office based and subcontractors)
- Maximising operational and service delivery capacity whilst maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Delivering the Energist brand – you will ensure that your team is on brand and ensure that you always display role model brand behaviour to enhance the customer experience
- Maintaining and promoting technical excellence personally and within the team, leading by example – Keeping your knowledge of the building industry up to date over a broad range of topics plus gaining status as a qualified air tester and providing hands on support
- Maintaining assets (vans, testing equipment, PPE, IT equipment) – you will monitor the provision of all equipment and ensure it is maintained appropriately and replaced / calibrated as required
- Ensuring that appropriate training, development and coaching is in place for your team and colleagues as required to ensure leading edge expertise in our market
- Ensuring that appropriate Health and Safety training is implemented, monitored and reviewed and best practice is shared amongst your team
- Visiting client sites to conduct testing
Skills you will need
- Building industry experience (desirable)
- A solid understanding of Air Leakage Testing
- Managed a team and possibly remote workers
- Previous responsibility for budget setting and KPIs
- Previous responsibility for revenue and working to targets
- Willing to train to become BINDT accredited
- Client facing skills
- A clean driving license (essential)
What we offer: 22 days holiday, pension, healthcare, and great company events.
For this role you will have a company issued Van, Laptop, testing equipment and phone.
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV to Tina Goodhart.