Stuart Clark discusses the top 5 things you need to be aware of with the consultation of the new London Plan, to make sure you're future-proofed.
- Minimum carbon performance standard for the Be Lean section of the Energy Hierarchy
- A new Heating Hierarchy in the Be Clean section with drive away from mains gas fuel heating systems
- Battery storage will be encouraged in the Be Green section, taking some of the demand off the mains electricity network
- A new section has been added - Be Seen. This will help ensure carbon and energy performance is monitored for a period of 5 years after completion
- The Life Cycle Carbon Analysis is introduced
We are expecting the consultation on the new London Plan to be finalised by the end of 2019, ready to come into effect in early 2020. If you'd like to know more, please get in touch with a member of the team to find out how this could potentially affect your next development.