SAP 10 for GLA compliance
Has your local authority requested SAP 10 methodology? Some local authorities are now encouraging developers to incorporate SAP 10 emission factors in their Energy Strategies to reflect the recent spike in the UK’s renewable energy generation.
How Energist can help
SAP 10 is a draft document that will likely be integrated into the next version of Part L Building Regulations, setting out how we assess a dwellings energy consumptions and carbon emissions. Although it is not expected to come into effect until late 2020 or early 2021, the Greater London Authority and other Local Planning Authorities are already encouraging developers to adopt the SAP 10 emission factors in their future Energy Strategies. This is because the emission factors in SAP 10 are more reflective of the carbon intensity of the national grid, which has dropped considerably as the contribution from renewable energy has increased in the last few years.
As a result, more developers in London are being pushed towards electric heating systems, which is driving innovation on a communal scale. We’re at the forefront of these changes and with our expertise on major schemes being assessed under this guidance, we can steer you through the complexities of SAP 10 and what it means for you.Request a quote
Why choose Energist?
- Our team have developed unique tools to generate planning documents that match your local authority’s requirements and incorporate the SAP 10 emission factors.
- We understand that the SAP 10 approach often produces recommendations for heating and fabric that you may not be expecting, so we ensure these options are clearly explained with easy to read results tables, and will work with you to select the most viable solution to proceed with.
- We will discuss options for compliance and liaise with M&E, and will run several options so you can come to the most cost-effective and suitable strategy.
- We have close links with the GLA and understand the quality they expect from our reports.
Complete solutions from Energist
When rules on energy use and emission targets change, we provide accessible guides, seminars and hot-of-the-press information.
- The GLA announced in January 2019 that SAP 10 emission factors would be incorporated into the current London Plan. Energist’s Planning Team is on hand with a new-look London Plan Energy Strategy which fully complies with these London Plan changes.
- The adoption of SAP 10 emission factors will significantly change the result of the SAP and SBEM models which are used in planning strategies.