Water Efficiency Calculations (Part G)
A Water Efficiency Calculation is required on residential dwellings to assess flow rates and water use of white goods. We provide a clear report showing how your new dwelling complies with the Building Regulation targets and if it doesn’t, we’ll include our recommendations for improvement.
How can Energist help
As part of Building Regulations in England and Wales, new homes must be designed to use no more than 110 or 125 liters of water per person, per day (depending on your exact location).
There is a mandatory requirement to complete a Water Efficiency Calculation to assess flow rates and water use of white goods in our homes. It is best to complete this calculation early on, so you don’t find your fixtures and fittings aren’t compliant after they have been installed.
We provide a clear report showing how your new dwelling complies with the targets and any recommendations needed if it doesn’t comply.
Why choose Energist?
- With our fast-track service, you’ll receive the completed Water Calculations in just 7 working days.
- In some locations you will have stricter water efficiency targets to meet because of planning requirements. Our team can produce an Energy Strategy to include these lower water use targets.
- We can tailor our Water Calculations to also meet the strict requirements of the Code For Sustainable Homes. With 13 years’ experience in this field we get the results you need to achieve the required credits.
Complete solutions from Energist
Water Efficiency Calculations are one of a host of services that Energist’s Technical Team can help you with. You may also need:
- For residential dwellings, a SAP Calculation is required to show energy efficiency compliance.
- For planning applications made before 2015, Code for Sustainable Homes may still be required as part of legacy planning conditions.
- Many Local Authorities request an Energy Statement to encourage developers to be more environmentally friendly.