London Plan Energy Strategy
When it comes to energy efficiency targets on new developments, London is easily leading the way with the UK’s greenest requirements. The Greater London Authority and local Borough planning departments are pushing the industry towards a zero carbon standard through a mix of fabric improvements, renewable technologies, heating networks and carbon offset payments.
How Energist can help
If you’re submitting a planning application in London it will need to be accompanied by an Energy Strategy, detailing how the development will achieve GLA and local planning policy. The Energy Strategy will need to demonstrate that the zero carbon standard will be achieved through a mix of fabric improvements, renewable technologies, heating networks and carbon offset payments. It can also include analysis of cooling systems, examine risks of summer overheating and consider how the development will impact local air quality.
Our team have extensive experience supporting developers through the planning process on major London schemes and advising on ever evolving policy requirements. Our relationships with the GLA and local Borough’s help us to ensure you’re designing to the appropriate standards and negotiating on your behalf when needed.
Why choose Energist?
- Our London Plan Energy Strategy is clear and concise and follows the London Plan energy hierarchy, which means it is more likely to be accepted first time by the local planning authority.
- We will discuss options for compliance with you to ensure the most cost-effective and suitable strategy for meeting the energy standard of the local planning authority.
- We are happy to liaise directly with planning officers to ensure our reports strike a balance between keeping planners on side while not pushing you into a corner with an unrealistic specification.
Complete solutions from Energist
Energist’s dedicated London team can help ensure you have everything you need to meet compliance on your development, with in-house services that cover BREEAM, Overheating Analysis and on-site testing.
- The adoption of SAP 10 emission factors in the current London Plan significantly changes the result of the SAP Calculation for residential dwellings and SBEM Calculation for non-domestic buildings.
- Many Local Planning Authorities, especially in London now request a BREEAM Assessment is completed to ensure commercial buildings are constructed to a high standard.