SAP 10.1 Pre-Emptive Analysis
Approved Document AD L is changing in England, and the proposals within the Future Homes Standard indicate a substantial shift in the way we build new homes.
How Energist can help
Approved Document AD L is changing in England and Wales, and the proposals indicate a substantial shift in the way we build new homes.
Thicker wall insulation, triple glazing, waste water heat recovery, heat pumps and photovoltaic panels are all items that construction companies will need to consider in readiness for when the regulations change.
Although we don’t expect these changes to take effect until late 2020 we are fully aware that developers want to start planning now to tackle these new requirements.
Energist is offering developers unique analysis of the SAP10.1 and AD L 2020 documents. Using the Government’s own consultation papers and beta software we can report on how your current specification performs against the proposed targets and how it can be refined to reach the expected levels of compliance.
You’ll receive an analysis report which studies a sample selection of your existing house designs, recommends changes to certain elements in your specification, and shows how this will reduce energy use, running costs and carbon dioxide in line with the Government’s preferred approach which will see the current Target Emission Rate reduced by 31% through England’s Future Homes Standard plan, and by 37% through the equivalent consultation documents in Wales.
- This analysis can only be used for development purposes at this time. For AD L compliance you will need to continue using our SAP2012 service.
- If you are working on a development where your planning conditions call for SAP10 data to be used, refer to our SAP10 for Planning service
Why choose Energist?
- Your SAP10.1 analysis will be completed by specially trained members of our Technical Team
- We will provide solutions for SAP10.1 compliance in a simple, easy to understand manner.
- We take on board your preferences to reach compliance, and will base our report on methods that match
- We will value engineer the changes to your specification to avoid over-specifying; keeping the additional build costs down
Complete solutions from Energist
Energist has been helping construction companies and designers through energy efficiency compliance targets since 2005. This will be the fifth revamp of AD L our Technical Team has dealt with.
- We have the experience to quickly interpret how these regulation changes may impact building sites in the real world.
- Energist is offering a bespoke analysis report which reviews how your current housing design and specification is likely to fare when measured against the proposed changes, and whether you’ll need to consider improvements before the regulations go live
- We can also offer training sessions and webinars to explain how the SAP10.1 changes are likely to affect future – and existing – building sites. Ask our team for details.